Sunday, April 17, 2011

Walking With God

Walking With God.....What does that mean? What does that look like? Well, I have a group of 36 beautiful ladies of faith who tonight just completed a 12-week study with me of John Eldredge's book by that title, and they can tell you.... Walking with God means to Listen. Trust. Follow. It means asking God, "Please speak to me," "Please guide me," "Help me handle this Your way." Our very first weekly verse was foundational for this whole idea, where Jesus says ~

My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one can snatch them out of My hand. ~ John 10:27-28

Walking with God is step by step and it happens when the path ahead is dark and treacherous, rocky and arduous, as well as when the path turns into a beautiful serene journey of light and joy. He walks with us no matter what, if we ask Him to.

God was walking with me as I fell down the stairs of my home just a few weeks ago and landed in intensive care after emergency surgery on my cracked head, and yet.....here I am alive, not paralyzed, not in a coma, nor any more forgetful than I already was. :D

Are you walking through something difficult in your life right now and trying to carry the weight of it alone? Do you have a crucial decision to make and are just at a loss for which way to turn? Sometimes it is like we are blind and need a helper to guide us. Here is one of our other verse card Scriptures for your encouragement ~

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known; along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do for them, I will not forsake them. ~ Isaiah 42:16

So be encouraged. God is right here. He is listening. He is loving us and ready to walk with us every step. You are not alone.

Just Listen. Trust. Follow.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, Good for you. I will enjoy reading this as part of a devotion as a regular reading. Thanks for doing this!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete